Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

We've been in China 3 days (I think - still a little messed up with the time thing).  Sorry I didnt post yesterday, we were worn out by the time we got back to the room.
 
We went to Tinanmen Square, it is really strange to see so many people from this country visiting these sites.  China really is deep in history and their people seem proud.  When we got off the bus we were immediately swamped by people wanting to sell us stuff, I mean to the point of being scary.  We are with one of family in Beijing, and one guy followed the father for quite some time trying to get him to buy a book.  You can not look at these people, because once you do, they dont stop.
 
We went on to the Forbidden City, I can only image what it must have been like when it was built.  We've learned alot of interesting things.
 
Once we left here, we headed off to lunch.  I seen the saddest sights that I think we forever be stuck in my mind here.  There was a young man sitting on a skateboard, with his legs tied up, begging for money.  There must have been 10 people there begging for money.  As much as it breaks your heart, you cant stop.  I got the impression that the Chinese people look down on these people.  Our guide said that the government gives them housing, but that did not feel that was enough.  Its hard to understand someone elses culture.
 
It was then off to lunch, it was ok.  They are kind enough to give me a fork.  I tried to try some things, and lunch was ok.
 
It was then off for the Hutong Tour.  Now most places that you go, they tend to keep you away from the poor places. We got to ride in a rickshaw (think that is right, the bicycle)  At one point I was almost expecting something bad to jump out from any corner we rounded.  We then went to a local family's room/courtyard.  There are five families who live here.  It was a very nice older lady who is retired.   
 
From there it was off to the Acrobatics Show.   (I've got to tell you about 4pm I start getting really tired) This was a five o'clock show and it was hard to stay awake.  The show itself was great.
 
From here we went to dinner near our hotel at a "LOCAL" restaurant that does not get many tourists.  Lets just say I decided right then, No More Local Restaurants.  I had just bit into a piece of chicken that was NOT to be chewed, when I hear Paul Ray say, I'm gonna leave that there.  We really should have taken a picture.  It was a foot.   Ok, really a little too much for me.
 
Did I mention how cold it is?   I checked the weather report before we left, it was not suppose to be so cold. We are really freezing our butts off.
 
Back to hotel to sleep on a very firm bed.
   


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!