Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Can you believe its here!!!!!

One Week from Today and I'll be leaving on a jet plane!!!!!!!!!!



OK We got our Final Travel Packet, I haven't even read it yet, thought I would update this first, because it looks like a lot of reading!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I just cant stand it!






03/26/08 Leaving Charleston (bright and early) 645 am arrive in Newark at 838


03/27/08 Arrive in Beijing, China at 2:00 pm

Our guide Helen will pick us up at the airport and us to Novotel Peace Hotel
(picture to right) for 3 nights.


03/28/08 Tour Beijing (she named them off but I didn't get them)
Tienanmen Square plus some other


03/29/08 Tour Beijing - Great Wall



03/30/08 Travel (hopefully by Train) to Tianjin
Well be staying at the Tianjin Holiday Inn (picture to right) 8 nights!



03/31/08 GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Complete paperwork for orphanage and apply for her passport in the afternoon


04/01/08 Registration Office for adoption registration & notarization


Looks like Helen will be still be our Guide. Note: It says our adoption is final at the time of registration. After that point, the Chinese government prohibits you from relinquishing your child to China. I'd like to see someone try and get her back. :)

04/02/08 Rest, relax, free time - it says to ask Helen for details. ????

04/03/08 Same thing, lots of rest


04/04/08 More Rest, hmmmmm or maybe some shopping

04/05/08 And More Rest - More Shopping, maybe we can find a park.

04/06/08 Waiting for paperwork

04/07/08 Travel to Guangzhou (Aboard China Southern- Gracies first plane ride) Guess
what our Guides name is???? Grace. She will take us to the famous White Swan
(picture to right)


04/08/08 Have her picture taken and get her physical.
Its says we'll be walking there, brings supplies and be ready to go.
Meet with Grace to prepare for CA.


04/09/08 Consulate Appointment



04/10/08 Oath Ceremony - No cameras allowed - that bites.



04/11/08 Travel to Hong Kong (midday - 24 hours after oath)


Leave for Hong Kong on China Southern.
Stay at the Kowloon Hotel


04/12/08 Tour Hong Kong (illness permitting)

04/13/08 Leave Hong Kong and Arrive in the USA 633 PM!!!!!! Continental 2751
Grace becomes a US citizen as soon as we step foot in Newark, NJ at 205 PM. Wow, I
may not want to leave home for a long time!

I haven't found anyone else in our group yet, maybe we're a group of 1. However, there will be lots of other adopting parents there.


To those ladies leaving this week, you'll be in my prayers for a safe trip. Keep in touch. I cant wait to see pics of you and your sweet babies. Heather, I'll see you Guangzhou.


Please keep us in your prayers. I hope my DH can put up with me that long. Just kidding. Don't let him fool you, he's just as excited as I am, except having to miss work. He's having issues with that.

I know Gracie is going to love all of you, it will just take a little while.


No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!