Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're In China

We'll we're posting from China.  We've been up now for 28 hours.  With about an hour total of sleep.  
 
From the beginning:  We got to the airport about 5ish I think, its been so long ago now.  My boys, my mom, Bonny, Ashley, Debbie (she drove down from Manning) and one of the twins, I still get them wrong, were there this morning along with the lady from the Newspaper.  I was ok, until it was about time to say good by to my boys.  That was hard.  Debbie took pictures, if she sent me any I'll post them.
 
Both flights were on time, no delays.  The first flight to Newark was not a problem.  On to our international flight.  OMG, let me put it to you this way.  6 hours into this flight I asked Paul Ray if he would send me back via a cruise ship.  Long flights in Economy is a very long time.  LONG!
 
Once we finally made it to Beijing, our guide Helen met us at the airport.  I was thinking, there are not alot of people here, well thats because they have a new airport.  Helen is very nice, she gave us the details of the next few days.
 
Friday - Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Hutong Tour and a Acrobatics show.
Saturday - Great Wall
Sunday - Travel by train to Tianjin.  Our guide Helen will be going with us.
 
Well its 8 pm here, we're gonna take something to help us sleep and I hope it comes quick!
I'll post pictures later, I promise.
 
    
 Peg
 


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Yay! You made it! I'm soo excited for you guys. Take a few days to enjoy everything and catch up on some rest. Can't wait to see Gracie in your arms!

The Sharp Family said...

Oh Peg! I was tearing up the whole way through this! I am just so excited that it is fianlly happening! Gracie is coming home!!!!!!!!! Please post often and I will be prepared with tissue when the Gotcha Day photos arrive!!! XOXOXOXOXO Pen

The Shoemakers said...

Alright, I'm right here with ya, Peggy. I hope you're able to concentrate and enjoy the next couple of days touring around. Just remember that not everyone gets to "do" Beijing, namely me!! :)

Sara

The Shoemakers said...

Alright, I'm right here with ya, Peggy. I hope you're able to concentrate and enjoy the next couple of days touring around. Just remember that not everyone gets to "do" Beijing, namely me!! :)

Sara

(Sorry if this is a repeated comment. I wasn't sure it went through the first time.)

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!