Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Train Ride and Arrival in Tianjin

The train ride was very nice.  Very clean, really enjoyed it.  We got to see alot of the country side, and it looks like a really hard life.  As we left Beijing, you could see how poor it really is.
 
Our arrival in Tianjin was like stepping into a time warp.  It was just so different, immediatly upon stepping off the train, and people, OMG, its was like people every where.  Very weird.
 
We found our driver, Mr Lu, (think I like our Beijing driver much better) I'm sure we were the topic of conversation, but since I cant speak the language.?????  He found my luggage a little heavy. 
 
Lets just say the traffic in Tianjin is WILD.  I wanted to kiss the ground upon our arrival at the hotel.  They turn 3 lanes into 5 with no problem, the cars share the road with bikes and we saw one guy pulling a cart in traffic, its just so strange. 
 
We checked into our hotel, very nice.  Smells much better than our last hotel, did I mention China has some smells that take some getting used to.  (I haven't yet)  Our only complaint is the room is a little warm.  We've unpacked, put things aways, and are ready for a baby in our room.
 
We then walked to lunch, yet another LOCAL restaurant, I asked Helen on the way there, are there body parts in the chicken, she said no, I said ok, then lets go.  Our waitress looked like my Gracie.  I could not help but stare.  I mean, really, she could be her mom or sister, that is a strange feeling.  Just being here, knowing I'm not far from her is so weird.  I cant help but wonder what her foster family is doing with her today, how long have they had her, how hard it must be.
 
After lunch we walked around, we went to a market, luckily no really bad sites.  The chickens walk around loose and I did see a few stray dogs.  I think you could have bought anything there.
 
Back to the hotel, I've got the gifts set out, now I've got to put them in the bags and get our paperwork ready and that is it.   We're meeting Helen in the lobby at 940, so we are close to the orphanage.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
    
 
 
 
 


OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends: Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t

1 comment:

The Lewises said...

Hi Peg! We can't wait for your Gotcha Day! It's bringing back so many memories. Be sure and have Helen speak to the hotel staff about your room if it gets uncomfortable. The maintenance guy needs a translator! We waited until the day before we left--wish we had asked Helen sooner. It wasn't worth the discomfort and worry about our son's well being. Caroline Lewis (a Tianjin family)

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!