Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Leaving Beijing


 We were up and ready to leave the hotel at 8:00 to travel to Gracies area.  First let me say to anyone traveling here soon.  The train was nice, however, if you are like me and have bags, rethink your decision.  I knew we would have to cross the street, which itself is a major thing.  But, there are several FLIGHTS of stairs that you must carry that luggage to get where you are going.  Let me say, the train station very nice.  People dont really look at you too much they are used to seeing Westerners in Beijing.  Anyway, one thing I'm not used to is major crowds doing everything at once.  (The other night leaving the Acrobatic Show, I had to move over and let people go by, because I really thought I'd be knocked down the stairs)  Well as it got closer time to get on the train there was a crowd forming.  There was one guy that starting talking to Paul Ray.  He was a nice young man who spoke English pretty well.  He is now helping to get the Olympics ready.  Those that volunteer now will get another Government job later, which is good for them,
 
When it was time to get on the train, Helen is front and goes through, then I'm next with a really big bag, well I couldn't go fast enough and we got left behind, it was like a cattle herd.  finally a very nice young man, stopped and let us go in front of him.  Then came the first long flight of stairs.  Mind you both big bags are over 50 lbs.   This same young man carried my bag down for me.  Then it was up a flight, My Dear Strong Husband carried both up this flight and then would have to do it again.  He was not happy but no one else could tell.  The train made the trip in 50 minutes.
 
Pictures are of the train station. 
  


You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!