Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Last day of Real Work


Well I got through the day without any major breakdown. It for some reason was very difficult for me, this whole week has just been hard. I gave my office away and plan on staying home. I'm very happy that I will get to stay home with Grace but at the same time, I REALLY love my job. I do however still have the BEST boss in the world. I'm typing this from my new laptop that he got me. This way I can still get a paycheck, by working at home, and be there for my daughter. Before I left I set up a cubbie in the back, so when things are back to normal, I can go to the office at least once a week.
It all of a sudden just does not seem real. Don't get me wrong, by the looks of my dining room, I know its real, and I know that we'll get on a plane in just a few days, but at the same time, I just cant image it all.
In just about 8 days we'll be getting our little girl. I've pictured in my head a million times how this can go. Will her foster family be there, is she traumatized by being taken away from them, will I have to pull her away from them. You name it and I have worried about it. Will we get to visit her finding spot? How will we handle that? (I have not posted where she was found, I think that will be up to Grace to share when she is older, our family knows, but that is about it). Will we visit the orphanage?
I have so much left to do, you would have thought I'd have it done by now, but nope. I also still do not have a gift for the director. I'm at a loss on that one. I'm hoping to have everything that I need before our conference call on Monday, so I don't have to go back out until its time to go to the airport.
My mom bought us an early Christmas present, we both got a large LIGHT Weight suitcase. Our old one is like three times the weight.
Well there is lots to be done tonight, (and I bought a few more pcs of work I want to do) and tomorrow is Easter. Patricia (another CCAI mom) is in China right now, and its already Sunday there, she is getting her daughter today, I hope it goes well for her.
Happy Easter Everyone and to all the little ones and Paul & Brandon, I hope the Easter Bunny is good to you. My mom and dad are coming over for lunch and then we're going to Paul's sister to watch the kids hunt eggs at 2:00.

No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!