Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Sorry, still no pics

Dear Hubby still hasn't downloaded the last of the pics yet, hopefully I'll get that done by tonight.

Lets see. We left the airport in our very nice car (you can recline the back seats) the driver was very nice, he looked like my grandfather. Got the airport and checked in, we didnt have alot of time once that was done before we boarded. Enough to ride the escalator SEVERAL times.

Once on the plane, we got comfortable, well as much as one can, I guess. We put Grace in the middle and gave her some books and different toys, she did very well I must say. She however, did not get much rest on this flight. AFter her first visit to the potty, she was upset by the flushing in the toilet. Daddy took her the first time, he just keeps amazing me. Still ok, hours later when she had to go again, we flushed and it was then she decided no more. She wrapped her arms around my legs and it took work for us to get out of that very small room. It is smaller than a phone booth. MUCH. Another two hours and she got quiet, I knew she had to go, but she kept saying no and shaking her head, there was the first melt down. After five minutes, I told paul she had to go and I made her. I carried her all the way to the back, as she was crying very upset. I kept promising I would not flush with her in the room, which was hard because she was clinging on real good, but I did manage to get her out, set her down and go back to that. We still had to force her the rest of the trip. This flight was hot, the first one over, we froze, go figure.

We made it through that flight, we only had a 2 hour layover in Newark, and we had to go through customs. Our gate was changed twice, but we finally found it, our plane was delayed so we did have about 20 minutes to sit before boarding our final flight home. She slept through that flight.

In customs, I was wanting to see what all was in that Brown Envelope. Nope, I handed it to the guy and he was like "what is this" well that made me nervous. I told him it was for adoption and he said for who, we picked her up so he could see her. He said, Oh Congrats, and then had to take the envelope else where, I'm sure for instructions. He came back processed Paul and I. Then he opened it, stamped the page on the outside and said you're good and put the envelope in a pile to the side. I thought we would get that back, but nope.

After landing in Charleston, It Felt So Good to be home. I changed Gracie into her pretty smock dress with our flag on it and we made our way. We had a group waiting on us: my mom, pauls parents, chris, erin and the boys, donna and the kids, my bf bonny and ashlee, her parents mr & mrs craven and stacey nicole, liz, betty ann and willie, the lady from newspaper, and most importantly, my boys, PaulPaul and Brandon and lyndsey!!!! I missed them sooooo much. They had balloons and bears and an easter basket, it was nice to see everyone. Some of them came back to the house, and I'm sure we'll see everyone else over the next week.

Gracie did really well on the drive home in her carseat. She does NOT like the dogs and her feet will not touch the ground if she can see them. She likes her bed, but slept with us of course. Her and her baba are napping at the moment. When they get up, we'll venture out to walmart, there is not much food here.

I'll post pics later, and life with Gracie begins.


LOVE
Peg

No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!