Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Quick Update.........

This is just a quick update of everything going on. Quick, because I have little man, and we have a date and need to get moving, and he hates it when I'm at the computer.
First, on Gracie, I got an update from CCAI yesterday, no pics, just measurments. I know they are not acurate. There is no way she gain 5 lbs. But with the way the weight the kids, with their clothes on, that should tell you just how much clothes they have on her, I'm hot just thinking about it. They layer the children in clothes, I mean several layers, and they generally look like the dough boy. It is extremely cold over there right now, so that explains the weight.
Second, I got an email on Valentines Day from Robert in our Tianjin Group. He is an american living there. He is a teachers and does voluntere work. He was able to go back to her preschool, (the last time she was not there) anyway, he said all the boys surrounded him and tried to break his watch and cell phone, while little Miss Ming Ming climbed up into his wife's lap and stayed for awhile. When things calmed down, she made her way to him and asked to be picked up. How sweet, I cant tell you what joy that bought me and tears at work. He said she seemed to be doing well. I emailed him back and asked about her vision, he said it did not appear to be a problem, that he did notice her eyes wander, but that they were not doing school work, so he is not sure how of much else.
Third, now that the CCAA is back at work, since Wednesday, I'm hoping, praying, crossing fingers and what ever else that we get TA (travel approval) this week or the next. Then its just a matter of 2 - 3 weeks before we go.
We're going to get our DAUGHTER!!!!! Can you believe it. I am so ready, well not really, still have so much to do, but I'm ready!!!!!!! Our visa's should be back here on Monday. I have her carseat (its big, but pretty and pink) She could sleep with us if need be, so I could leave on Monday if they said go!
DH and all his sweetness SHOT down my Hong Kong Disney bigger than CRAP! He even laughed at me! Thats ok, I'm already planning her first disney trip, (summer 2010), she'll be taking her first cruise next summer, that is the last family vacation before my baby boy goes off to join the military!
I'm trying to stay away from all sick people and get Paul Ray over his bug, we do not need to be sick when it is time to travel.
I've made my appointment with the Pediatrician to see what kinds of meds he suggests we take. As soon as we get travel dates, I'll make an appt for her to see Dr Boatwright and the pediatrician. We can wait a week or two on the peds dr but want to get her eyes check the first day or two home. It's been a year since her surgery, I want to see if we can correct anything they have done, like not wearing glasses, etc.
Well like I said, we have little man this weekend, oh funny (not so funny) story. PaulPaul my mature 18 year son picked little man up from his Granny's house yesterday, calls me from the truck, says he has him, all his clothes, etc and his 4 wheeler, excuse me, what did you say. Well little man is still not quite big enough to hold on at high speed and all that good stuff (its his size, not a big one) well I didnt think that I would have to tell my 18 year old to be at his side at all times if he rode it. When that thought hit me, I called him at once, they were already outside riding it, and he tells me, Gotta Go! I just thought he didnt want to hear me fuss. I get home, and my handsome little man has a NICE scratch/mark under his eye, I said what happened, he replied (and you really have to listen) "I almost broke *couldnt understand him" Paul Pauls' ???, I said what, he says, I hit a tree, I said you WHAT, he said on the 4 wheeler, I hit a tree and fell off!!!!! The mother in me kicked in, I was very upset, tears in my eyes, start yelling for PAUL PAUL, who was in the shower getting ready to go out!!!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO,, YOU LET HIM HIT A TREE?????? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN, MY ds SAYS to me" CALM DOWN", dont tell me to calm down, you let him hit a tree"""""""" The conversation didnt end any prettier than it started. RULE, dont trust the 18 year old with anything that turns him into a kid himself!!!!


Have a Great Sataurday, we're off to teach little man how to skate!!!!!!!!
ps, spell check still not working, guess i need to look into that

3 comments:

Carrie said...

oh i am so happy you got a update! I didn't know you had a inside man! you little devil you! well I am with you-tell them we are coming together! even thought we are going in different directions I wan to leave asap! Have fun! yeah-boys will be boys!

adele and dan said...

WOW!! I cannot believe time has gone by so fast...You will be in China soon..I still want to send you something for Gracie..and I know exactly what..it's a suprise:)

The Shoemakers said...

I'm sure you probably don't feel this way, but, wow, did the last 2 1/2 months go by fast! Here's to a speedy TA and good weather in China when you go ... So exciting!
Sara

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!