Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Packing List. I will pull out the suitcases in Feb!

02/27/2008
Well I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a lighter suitcase. We're still waiting on our TA, I'm really hoping for Friday and praying for travel the week of the 10th!!!! I would like to get to Beijing a day earlier than we have to. I just read a blog where something happened and they were delayed somewhere. They would have to put me in a stright jacket, and what if they loose our luggage, that one had not crossed my mind until right now. Can we add that to our long list of things to worry about.



Just got a really neat website (blog) from another parent (thank you so much). http://www.the-ergo-lady.com/ergo-baby-carrier/
This will help me figure out the best way to use my carrier.

02/27 FYI - I still have not figured it out!!!!!!! We are getting Little Man a week from Saturday, so I'll have to do it then.


Packing List . . . . OK, alot of this I put here as I see it and want to remember. No, I'm NOT a lightpacker, in fact, I'm way way on the other side, but I do plan on doing my best at packing light for this trip. I also want to make sure that I have everything Grace may need.
I didnt want you to think I would pack EVERYTHING I put on here. Well I might, and DH just informed me he would be going through our bags and he thought he would be fine with just his one carry on. Yeah, not in my house BUD!

As I continue to read all the Yahoo groups, I'm keeping a list of what came in handy, what people wish they had with them, what they wish they had left! The key is packing light, those that know me, know I suck big time at that. I'm always Over packed! I must be prepared. Must, I just cant help it.
02/27 Well I dont see that changing, I keep going into the dining room where everything is and all I can say is oh my! I can see right now, this packing thing is going to get me for sure.

I just read where someone suggested (and what a great idea) you take clothes that are ready to be tossed (or you got really cheap somewhere) and dispose of them as you wear them. This will make room in your luggage for the items that you bought.
02/27 that wont work either, since I'm growing out of my clothes :( I hope chasing a toddler will help me loose it QUICK

http://www.orphanallies.org/pediatricmedicalkit.html Medications

02/27 I saw Gracie's dr today and he gave me two meds in case I need them. I was very leary of all of these meds, I dont want to over dose her, I still need fever med and cold stuff.


Someone suggested using packing cubes - http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1720&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=packing+cube

she also suggested travel socks ?
http://www.packinglight.net/plight/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=3040&WT.svl=deptnav2

*Note: If you keep yourself VERY well hydrated, body, skin, eyes, and nasal passages, you can avoid many illnesses on long flights! Pack a flight care package to carry on the plane with you. Include Chapstick, Moisture Eye Drops, Face Cream, Sudafed, and Nose Spray (Afrin & Ocean). Nerve Pills - I'm already getting antsy!!!!!





Luggage (one carry money, one passports and paperwork in carryon) In Carryon - pack one change of clothes for both of us, meds, camera, paperwork, laptop

Me - 1 large to check, 1 carry on (backpack) and her diaper bag on way back

Him - 1 large rolling duffle to check, 1 carry on and laptop ???

Her - one backpack with a few toys

Be light!!!!! should take one change of clothes (maybe meds) in carryone

Suggestion to buy there - A large duffel for clothes - put souvenirs in luggage. Leave unused meds at Jennifers Place

Those in Red I have


Paperwork
Copy of Dossier
Addendum to dossier
Brown Envelope did not receive this, not everyone does
Passports (w/ Visa inside)
Airline tickets
Cash (ordered) and credit cards
Money Belt
copies of itinerary
passport photos of each (originals)
original I-171H
original referral
notebook w/emergency numbers and email addresses
fax/phones#'s for doctors/med.insurance
travel insurance
list of questions for CWI & orphanage director - You will forget
ask for western mattress at WS

Adult Meds / Supplies
Antibiotics (Z-pak) got script
Lomotil (?)
Tamiflu (?)
Advil
Antibacterial wipes / liquid
Tissues
Sinus meds
Jet-lag meds
Alcohol wipes
Peroxide
Neosporin

Benadryl tablets
Benadryl (liquid)
Benadryl (cream)
Saline spray
Cold/Flu/Allergy meds (w/cough)
Cough drops
Vitamins
Airborne (or Shaklee supplement)
eye drops
Tums
Pepto Bismal or Immodium tablets (chewable)
lotion
tweezers
nail clippers / nail file
Cipro
Laxative (?)
sleep aids (Ambien?)
first aid kit (bandaids, etc.)
Prescription meds (Paul & Peg)
Pain meds

Baby Meds / Supplies http://www.orphanallies.org/pediatricmedicalkit.html

Antibiotics
Pink eye drops (?)
Digital thermometer (oral and underarm)
Mycelex or Lotrimin (?)
prescription excema cream
Baby lotion
Baby sunscreen _ I have some but I dont think I need it
Pedialyte (powdered)
Baby Tylenol / Advil / Motrin
Baby Benadryl
ear ache medicine
Cold / cough meds

saline spray
baby nail clippers
lice & Scabies meds (Elimite)
dosage spoon / cup
hydrocortisone
Dramine
Senekot (for constipation)

Adult Toiletries

shampoo / conditioner
deodorant - both
lotion
lip balm
brush
blow dryer
curling iron
q-tips / cotton balls

toothbrushes / toothpaste
razors
shaving cream
tweezers
tampons / liners
make up
sun block
bug spray
travel hairspray
toilet seat covers
face wash cloths

Miscellaneous (ok, I cant figure out why it does this spacing thing)

Carry on for Gracie - Red one with ladybugs

Carry on for Paul

Carry on for Peggy - my Christmas present from PaulRay

Lap top computer - we really need this to keep in touch with our boys and at night when she is sleeping.


digital camera

extra batteries, charge and rechargeable batteries

reader for memory card

extra memory card (2)

tissues in small packs
extra batteries - make a list of what needs what
batteries (3 for camera) / chargers / memory cards (need one more)

GPS
cell phones /chargers
converter / adaptor (nightlight to check these out)
*Ipods / headphones

split headphone

small diaper bag
luggage tags

travel pillow/blanket 2
calculator
money/passport holders
plastic utensils
clothes pins
sunglasses
dish detergent or dawn soap pads
ziplocks
cleaning wipes
ear plugs
luggage strap (colored)
luggage locks
disposable snack containers
duct tape flat
Downy wrinkle release
thermos
special book to sign
travel toilet paper
small flashlight
Chinese for Adoptive Parents (book?)
Chinese language card
small sewing kit
travel bible
books / mags to read
Attachment book / info.
China travel book
printed out numbers for Guangzhou places
note pad

See through plastic paper holder (per CCAI)
travel journal - ink pad for foot and hand prints in china
laundry detergent packets (bottle of woolite)
phone number/email for Ann (shopper)
calling cards / China cell phone
plastic sheeting (for under sheets)
clothesline
gum
mailing tube for art work ???
baby carrier ??? She is 28 lbs, I'm thinking I'm going to try and sell it. Nope, DH said keep it
Pencil Pouch w/ paper clips/ pens / rub bands / folder for documents
glasses / cases
flash light ( small )
travel clock this was a very nice Christmas present from a coworker.(thanks Holly) you can even store digital pics on it.

Food

water bottle packets
cheerios / gold fish
peanut butter packets
cup 'o soup
pop tart
bag of candy to hand out to kids
baby fruit (4 pack)
baby prunes

dum dums (suckers)
grits packs

Adult Clothing take 5 outfits each (No White T Shirts - white means death in china)

Walking shoes
Extra pair shoes
Jacket
shirts (long/short)
pants
PJs
unders / bras
socks
bathing suit



Baby Stuff http://www.orphanallies.org/pediatricmedicalkit.html


stacking cups
Diaper bag
baby wipes (huggies purse size and large pack - no napkins are given at restaurants)
baby shampoo
little brush / mirror
baby blanket
lovie / lilly frog
inflatable beach ball
bubbles
board books
magic doodle
slinky
small see n' say
her ladybug backpack

playdough

coloring book/crayons

CD player

her CD's

toy cell phone
sippy cups (2) (soft spout)

diaper disposal bags (scented) in case she gets sick from car/plane ride
baby toothbrush/paste
DVD Player / for long ride home ???????? just dont know if it would be worth it

bibs


Baby Clothes

8-9 outfits
PJs
Jacket / sweater
bathing suit
socks
tights

hats
plastic pants / pull up just in case??????
hair bows
shoes
slippers


Gifts
Red Envelopes
Red gift bags

candy (Hershey minis) for maids/kids
for the ladies I got Bath & Body Works Body Lotion (Sweet Pea)

thinking about coffee for the orphanage director

2 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Great list and information. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

adele and dan said...

Wow what a list. I'll have to come to you when I go to China..whenever that is...

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!