Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update. . . .
Our agency just posted an update from CCAA(China Center of Adoption Affairs) which just held their annual meeting. They are suggesting that everyone get their dossier in as quickly as possible. All we are waiting on is our I171H form, I'll call that office again on Monday. Once we get that I will have to get it to the state and then to the Chinese Embassy before sending it to our agency. We still need to take pictures, so over the next week, Paul & I will be visiting people to take pictures.
There will be some changes.
1. Beginning 1/1/07 the CCAA is raising its service fee. (OK, not a problem)
2. No single dossiers accepted after 5/1/07 (does not affect us)
3. Changes to the waiting child program (does not affect us)
4. There is no date listed and there was not a lot of detail to go with any of this. I hope that none of these will affect us. They are:
a. weight restriction
b. minimum net worth requirements
c. substance abuse
d. health concerns
The CCAA also predicted that the child match wait time will not get shorter in the foreseeable future due to the influx of adoption dossiers. However, the CCAA did not say how long the wait will become.
Let me say, my daughter is in China, I can wait as long as it takes (as hard and painful as it is)
but until my dossier is logged in I may be having issues, serious ones. I love this child that I don't know, so please don't suggest that I look at another country.

No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!