Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

An update in the adoption world.
Paul & I have decided to submit a medical checklist for the SN (Special Needs Program). We thought about this long and hard to make sure we were doing the right thing. I just kept getting this feeling that this is what we were suppose to do. I think God was talking and we wern't listening.

What does that mean. We are basically in the Traditional Program (healthy baby). CCAA does all matching for these. Our dossier (paperwork) will still stay in the same place in China in case we are not matched before. With SN, CCAA sends out list regularly (sometimes weekly – sometimes large lists, sometimes small) to agencies. The agencies then match these children with the families that have submitted a Medical Checklist. You do not have to accept that child, and only one family is given that Child's file at a time. Once you accept this child, I believe you end up traveling 3 – 5 months later.

I am not changing the age or gender of the child I want. So we just wait and see. Grace may or may not be in this program, only God knows and only time will tell.

Brandon (and half our kids these days) would be considered SN. You get what you get when giving birth. You don’t say, I’m sorry, can you put that back and give me another one. No, you take that child, love them and do what needs to be done for them. As a parent, you love a child no matter what their issues are, and you go out of your way to do what you can to make it better. So if Grace isn't 100% healthy, we’ll do what needs to be done.

Hope that explains it, if not or you have any questions, just let us know.
Update on Peanut
Our 10 year old Shizu has been having seizures for the last year. Well they were coming weekly, he had three over the weekend, so we took him back to the vet. They have put him on meds twice a day, so we'll see how that goes. He is the little king of the castle.

4 comments:

adele and dan said...

I've been thinking about switching to SN too. But I don't know if I'm ready yet, it takes some serious thought and prayer.

The Shoemakers said...

Best of luck to you in the SN program. It never hurts to explore all your options, and you're right, Gracie might be on a future WC list. I'm by no means an expert, but if you have any questions, let me know and I'll try my best to help.
Sara

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there. I'm in your yahoo dtc group. My blog is the seventh diamond. I'm going to add you to my blogroll.
I know a lot of people who are looking at the SN lists and I think that it is wonderful. God will guide you.

Sheri said...

I enjoy reading your blog. We are very happy for you on your latest decision to join in the SN program. We have many friends locally who have gone SN. We will pray for Gods will for your family.

Sheri

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!