Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

FirstI'm not a patient person and never have been. They say the wait could top 3 years for our adoption. There are times when I'm ok with it and then there are times that I'm really really not. We have discussed switching over the the SN program, but we have decided to stay in the Traditional Program. I'm trying to have a positive outlook. In three years, my car will be paid for, her room will be perfect (and well stocked) two of our nephews will be in school, Ashlee Gail will go to high school, Paul Paul will have graduated and we'll take one more cruise. That's two more Christmas's, two more summers, that is really NOT that long in a lifetime.

There was news from our Agency, which I find encouraging. For our agency's 15th year reunion, China sent 9 delegates. Basically, their official response is the same, there are not enough paper ready children. But, what they did discover, is there are still many orphanages that are not set up for international adoption, and alot of the orphanage directors do not have the time and resources to do all of the necessary paperwork for international adoption. The fee that the orphanages get have not went up since China began their program 15 years ago. I know myself along with a lot of other families would have no problem with them raising that.

I am trying to live life daily and enjoy those around me and not live only for the future. I've waited this long, what's a few more years - right?

This past Friday, I picked up my nephew (little man) to spend the night with us. He will keep you young. My DH does not read this blog (good thing), when our kids were growing up, we never did the "family bed". If we had a kid in the bed, he would go to the couch. Well little man says "Uncle Paul" so cute, he got up in between us Friday night. Guess who he snuggled up with ALL night long, his little arm around his neck and his leg on his side, it was so cute. Uncle Paul only complained once, asking me to please pull him over about 6 inches. We love having him around.


Here is little man with his Shotgun! (it is a toy, in case there is any question)

Here is my nephew Hunter with his mom!!!! How can such a cool looking kid not like me!!!!!


3 comments:

adele and dan said...

The wait is hard but somehow we have to get through it. I think together is the answer!

The Shoemakers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Shoemakers said...

Peggy - Your family sure does have cute kids! Thanks for sharing.
Sara

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!