Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Gracie's Quilt

Make sure you keep checking out the Quilt posting from Sept, I keep updating it!!! I received pieces from 4 people yesterday, but there is one I wanted to share with you here. There is a story to tell with it.


My SNL Donna came in with her hands full. She bought me one of Devan's doll to put on my bookshelves. I love it!!!! It will always be treasured.

She also had a very nice looking baby gift bag with her. Check out the contents!!!!





The one on the left (black with pink flowers) is from Devan's dress that she wore in Mine and Paul's Wedding. This in itself is a treasure. She was the most beautiful flower girl you have ever seen.

The one on the right and bottom are from her quilt that Granny Winge did for her out of Devan's dresses. To know Devan was to Love Devan, she was Brandon's mother hen from day one. So Gracie will always have that love in her quilt. Thank you Donna

For this last piece:

Talk about Amazing, for her to do this, words cant describe how I felt. How lucky I consider myself.

If you read my very first post you know that Donna and I went on a Ladies Retreat in March. It was there there I knew this adoption would happen. The presence of God that day was truly something. It was on this trip that God let me know it was OK to love this child. She would come home. One of the our small groups at church is the "20 Something". They put signs on everyones door one night. Donna took what was on that sign and had this made for me. A reminder of that special time will forever be with us. I know Gracie will love her Aunt Donna as much as I do.

Donna, thank you so much, as you know, it means so much that you did this for us. We love you.
PS / don't worry, we will teach her the word "NO"! :)



No comments:

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!