Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008

Forever in our ARMS on March 31, 2008
Life is really going to be interesting now.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today is our six month LID anniversary in the traditional program. The CCAA is still only referring about 7 days a month. At the same time, they also say they expect the wait to top out at 24 months and stay there awhile.
We submitted our MCC almost a month ago, and we've been in the adoption process for a year now.
We went to a picnic with some of the families from our LID group last weekend. Everyone was so nice and we had a really good time. A special thanks to Kelly and Jen for putting it together and for the bag of goodies. Jen's daughter did a wonderful job decorating the bags. Also a big thank you to Sherry (who by the way is the mother of one of the beauties from China that was there, she was such a little lady) for the beautiful outfit and towel. There were 3 beautiful children from China present that day, one little boy who was just as cute as can be who has only been home for 8 weeks. It was good to hear the stories of their trips and see how well the kids are doing. I think it was really good for my DH, it made it more real for him.
He, by the way, is taking me and PaulPaul on a weekend trip in September (Brandon didn't want to go). We're going to see Mickey. PaulPaul hasn't been since he was 4, so that is exciting.
It's 330 in the morning and I cant sleep (which is normal for me anymore). PaulPaul went with Chris & Erin to Fl. They are getting new cars (Randy - Paul Ray and Chris's brother sells cars and lives in Fl) and PaulPaul is driving Erin's car, so I've been worried about him. My child tends to have a heavy foot and they didn't leave until this afternoon. They were about 25 miles out half hour ago. I've been calling him once an hour to see how he is and you can just hear it in his voice, "I'm not a baby, I'm fine". Well you know what, you will always be my baby, Get Over It!

That is about all there is to tell. I'll post pictures of the goodies later.

2 comments:

adele and dan said...

I hope the next 6months bring a speed up:) Enjoy Disney!

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations on six months down!!

9 mths 3 wks 3 days from LID to Referral

4 mths 2 wks 2 days from MCC to Referral

Timeline from signing the application to Gotcha Day!!!!